Bulk create Google Drive folders with multiple subfolders. Control the naming of the folders and how many you want.
The following Google Apps Script is designed to bulk create Google Drive folders with multiple subfolders. You control the naming convention of each folder and exactly how many you want.
- Runtime control – currently set to 5 minutes 30 seconds. Will ignore rows that have a ‘Folder Link’ so you can continue from where you left off and append further folders should you require.
- More subfolders – the Google Sheet has columns for 10 subfolders but you can technically add more (columns) and the code will account for this automatically.
- Toast popups to inform you of the progress as folders are created.
- ‘Log’ sheet and popup error messages if something goes wrong.
- Concatenation – create those useful descriptive folder/file names so items are easier to search for in the future. Concatenate will let you combine values that may exist in different columns in another spreadsheet for example, or take those folder names and prepend/append words around them.
I use Google Apps Script to support staff and students in my job. I enjoy dabbling with creating tools to help with automation and I freely share my learning experiences on my blog, where I also have a number of useful Google Add-ons: www.pbainbridge.co.uk